Sunday, January 5, 2014

More Pictures! Yippee!


Well, here go a lot more pictures, just because I don't want to forget them. I wish that I blogged more- it is sooo fun when you see it in book form! Oh, well. Here goes-
This is Alex's birthday present- a guinea pig. He asked for one for forever! He named him Professor Hill, from The Music Man. He is the sweetest, quietest guinea pig I have ever seen.
He sits on the kids' laps for hours while they watch tv and read and eat. 
Oh, he is now officially the family guinea pig, after a strange night where Alex wanted to take him back to the pet store. So now he rotates between the three big kids' rooms and I don't have all the kids asking, "When do I get a guinea pig?!"
About a week after we got him he got a broken leg. Danny asked what happened and I said, "I don't know, but I have 5 good guesses!" Later, the kids said that Alex had his Santa costume on and put the Professor in his sleeve and then spun around and around until he went flying out. Yep, that might have done it. 
Other funny moments- When Emme was playing with him and I walked in the room and she said, "I didn't put the guinea pig in my underwear."
The other day I was talking to Danny about how Professor Hill never runs away or moves much. Tristan said, "He does move! When we try to get him out of his cage, he runs a WHOLE lot!!"

Poor guinea pig... I comfort myself by thinking that at least we aren't raising him to eat him.
 
These are really old pictures of Ben and Linda's baby, Kaitlyn, and Josh and Beth when I gave them their presents from Grandpa Cripe! 






They were really excited and loved them, Daddy!

Infamous Santa Claus suit....



Oops- someone forgot to tell Irelyn to put a swimming suit on before swimming!
When Kattie's husband, Ben, ran a marathon, Kattie asked if we wanted to come cheer him on. We thought, "We can do better than that!" So we met him at three different places along the route, and each time we wore different themed costumes. This was the first stop- all Hawaiian themed.
Mary's husband, Alan,  really got into it.... like, really.


I missed the pictures at the next stop, but we were all in cowboy clothes. At this point, it was getting really fun because the other runners recognized us, too. 
This is the only cowboy pic I got- Mary and Allen's baby Eva. 
Next stop was all dance themed. Alan was too much fun- we were all laughing really hard, including the other runners.


Alan running with Ben. Not sure if it was meant to embarrass him or motivate him, but either way it was funny!
Us waiting at the finish line...

Ben coming in at the finish line!



Yea for him! Maybe someday I will run more than a few miles.... or maybe not. He looked really tired.
Irelyn is kind of following in Emme's footsteps and potty training herself. She is tired of waiting for me to do it.

The kids using their tickets they earned through the Summer Reading Program at the library.






First day of school pictures.






 The summer concert put on by the Idaho Falls Symphony. Alex loves Thomas, the conductor, and has to say hi to him every time we see the Symphony. (Two times a year- this and the Family Concert.)


Alex drove Danny bonkers by conducting with the music the whole time. It didn't bother me, so I took pictures of it!


Alex got into the Halloween makeup early and did his and Emme's faces.


Another Alex creation...

Irelyn turned two!! She is such a cutie and a terror, all at the same time.



She looks worried about the candles...


z


This is what Alex gave her. Haha! Well, on Alaina's birthday he wrapped some things and gave them to himself!





Irelyn, Irelyn.... when I asked Danny what we wanted to remember about her when she was two, he said, "Let's try and forget." Truly, she is soo sweet and cute, she just holds her own very well with her siblings and is very vocal about it. She also thinks anything she ever saw, looked at or played with is still hers and screams if you don't give it to her. She is highly possessive of Mommy and that is where a lot of the conflict comes from. But, she is sweet and loving and talks funny and definitely keeps everyone on their toes!
Well, that takes me up to September! Now I just have 3 more months to blog about for last year!

1 comment:

Noodle said...

These were the funniest things, I about died laughing!