Monday, April 12, 2010

It Don't Matter if You're Black or White

Haley, this should make you in particular happy! Now you won't have to feel all guilty and worried about us when you come to pick up your car. Because we got a new one!! Yea! We have been watching cars for a while, because we just have to have two cars. It was hard to decide if we should get a $500 clunker or a nicer car that will last longer. I think we came to a good compromise! It is a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria and was a police chief's car, so it was maintained perfectly. At 100,000 miles they sell the cars at auction. This car only has 104,000 miles, so that was good! Also, since it was a police car, it has upgrades in the motor, cooler, suspension and shocks. Anyhoo, on Kelley Blue Book it was $3,100 without the upgrades, and he was only asking $1,800 because he got it at a police auction and he only had to pay $2000.00 and just wanted to get most of his money back. It wasn't the style I was hoping to get, but it is really pretty anyway. And I really wanted silver (thank you Twilight) and it is white. But it drives sooo nice and picks up great and has no leaks or anything and the engine looks really good. Even Justin thought we should get it, and he is really picky. I think what he likes is that it still has the spotlights by the side mirrors, so people think you are a cop. It is pretty funny to see people really move out of the way and slow down around you! So, we feel good about it and since we won't be putting many miles on it, hopefully it will last a long time with only regular maintenance and repairs. Here is a picture of it! I think it is really funny that my two least favorite car colors are black and white, and I have one of each. I guess it shows that I am willing to sacrifice style to get a reliable car for a good price!



 Yesterday we spent all day cleaning our garage! Doesn't that sound exciting? This was the first time in a very long time that we have done a real, full-blown cleaning. We took two trips to the dump and a load to D.I. What did we take to the dump, you ask? Mostly lots of old paneling and lots of pieces of wood and just all kinds of crazy stuff. It seems almost empty now! It's soo awesome! That probably sounds weird to you, but it makes me so much happier, like a part of my brain is cleaned out. So, here is a picture for you!

I think it looks a lot cleaner in real life.
  That's about all that's going on now. We're blessing Emme next week- Oh, Haley can you and Dalley come? Let me know! I have to clean my house a lot today, Emme took her first bottle yesterday just great, and it was actually kind of warm today! That's all for now. Here are some Lainey pictures just for fun!

6 comments:

MegJill said...

I love that you got the police car! It sounds like such an amazing deal, with the upgrades and good maintenance, etc. And yes, Justy is hard to impress in the car department so it MUST be a good car! Now he will want to drive it around and pretend he is a cop. Should we buy him a cop hat to make it official? I bet Danny and Justy would love wearing that and being king of the road. No one would stay in front of you! Except maybe the real cops.
Anyway, I think you guys got a really great car, and it is be especially nice that you got a non clucker for a clunker price!
What is it with our kids and googles? Our kids are always wearing them!
I'm glad Lainey is wearing her dress now that she saw our girls in them. Hopefully she will wear it for you next Sunday too, and not every day in between. :)
Lainey reminds me of you. And Audrey reminds me of me. Imagine that?! Too bad they don't live next door and could play together like you and I did when we were little. We could let them make mud pies and get some siamese kittens to make it really like when were little.
I hope Bailers and Dally can come to the blessing! Take lots of pictures for us! Do you realize it has been almost a year since we've seen anyone but you?! We need a trip to see everyone again. And Noodle, don't get sick or die before we visit, okay! And then don't get sick or die after either. You must live forever.
Well, I gotta go make some ties for Joni and finish putting away laundry and make a camera strap cover and stuff. We finally got our letter form the IRS so we are mailing them the form they want about us buying our house and hopefully it will be before July that we get our return!

MegJill said...

P.S.
I'm glad you posted!!!!

MegJill said...

Oh, and the garage looks nice! It's amazing what we can fit in those things. And I know how that must feel to have it organized! Want to come organize something at our house?
I bet you thought you had a bunch of comments, and they are all from me! Wahaha!

Club Jolley said...

YAY! I was feeling guilty about taking the car back, so I'm so so happy that you got a nice car (and not just because it relieves my guilt)!. It's so funny that since it's a police car it still has the spotlights on the side mirrors and people think you're a cop. I bet Danny loves that feeling. :)
So about the blessing, of course I will try to come! We are planning on leaving this Friday and getting home Saturday night-ish. So we might have to come without Dally, because he will have driven the entire night before and he wasn't planning on going to our ward the next day so he could sleep because he starts school the next day. That was a long sentence. But I will definitely bring Hunterloony with me at least, although I'm scared to go to church without Dally since
Hunter might be terrible without him! What time does your ward start? That makes a big difference in if we get there on time or not. :)
That's wonderful that you cleaned your garage. I love the feeling of de-cluttering some space, and I totally agree that it feels like a part of your brain is cleaned too.
I'm with Megan, I'm so glad you posted too! You should always post this often because we love it. I should call you, and Megan, and Noodle, since I didn't talk to any of you last week, and a week is a long time for us!
Also, Meggie, just reading about all the stuff you were about to go start doing makes me tired. Here, I'll take a nap for you while you stay busy. :)

Noodle said...

The car looks awesome! I want it! Gimme, gimme, gimme!
So happy that you found such a good deal on it!
Your garage looks awesome, too. Very nice. I'm feelin' it. ;)
And Lainey looks cute in the pictures you posted, as always. Just like a bunch of grandbeebles!
Thanks for posting!

Tara said...

I'm commenting on a few things-
1. That's awesome about your car. I would think you were an undercover cop and slow down around you too.
2. Lainy is hilarious. I want to get to know her more.
3. I think Emme looks A LOT like Tristan. Like, they are twins, except a few years apart.
4. I think you asked me this awhile ago on my blog about if I work at Deseret Book anymore, and I don't. Not here. He only gave me about 10 hours a week, but I needed more, and my other job offered me full time so I took that instead. It's been great!
5. I hope life is going good for you! Sure seems like it is!