Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A few funnies

Here are just a few funny things the kids have said-

We all know how much Alex likes to quote movies. He had been watching Harry Potter and he loves the part with the Sorting Hat. He came upstairs quoting the line, "It must be... Gryffindor!" But every time he said it, he pronounced Gryffindor wrong. I was trying to help him say it correctly, when Danny stepped in to "help." He was telling him all kinds of silly ways to says it- gryffinsocks, and so on. But Alex topped us all when he said in his best "sorting hat" voice, "Must be.. Gryffindorks!!" Danny was dying laughing and so Alex thought he must have it right and kept going around the house saying "Gryffindorks." We think he might be a Slytherin at heart.

Tristan tells everyone we see that there is a baby in his Mommy's belly. But to make it even better, he then tells them that they should come and see when it comes out! And yesterday I was bringing the crib back up from the storage room and Tristan looked all excited and asked, "Is the baby coming out now?!"

In Sacrament meeting Alaina likes to tell me about what she did in Nursery. She always tells me about snacks. Well, this week she couldn't say it quite right, but she made up for her poor linguistic skills by talking louder. So very loudly in Sacrament meeting she kept saying over and over, "I had sax! I had sax!" And I could not get her to stop saying it!

Alex has been bringing the old infant car seat upstairs and putting Alaina in it. (I should have gotten a picture.) Anyway, our car seat is the same as Haley's, so Alaina loves to get in it and then says, "I Hunter!!"

And last, but not least, yesterday while I was reading to Tristan, I started wondering what Alaina was doing. Well, I went into the bathroom and she looked at me and smiled really big. "I putting on makeup!" she says with a proud grin. Well, she had probably started out okay, because there was lipstick on her lips. But from there it went to her forehead and eyebrows. And the worst part is that I wear the long-lasting kind, that only comes off because your lips peel frequently. So we have scrubbed and scrubbed and it will not come off. This is a picture of her this morning, after sleeping in it and taking a bath. It hasn't budged a smitch. She is pointing to herself and saying, "I do eyebrows! I do eyes!"

Then this afternoon she found it again, added more lipstick and did her own mascara. Actually, I was quite impressed by the mascara. I tried to take this close-up shot to show that she actually got it on both eyes really well and just smeared it some on the second eye.
Not bad for a 2 and a half year-old! So she went to bed tonight wearing it, again. Someone suggested trying Mary Kay eye makeup remover, so I will try that tomorrow.

Also, here are a couple of shots of the book shelves we got from Mommy to put in their room. They look really cute in there and the kids looovve them!! We have to read the books off of them all the time now. So I make sure and keep the books that I like reading on there!
I don't know why this shot is so blurry!


I just can't wait unti I can do beadboard in here and paint! I think it will be super cute then! But in the meantime, it is still a fun room for them to play and read in.

Oh, and tonight when Danny put Tristan in bed, Tristan came running out saying, "Lainey's not dressed!!" Danny told him that she was, it just didn't look like it. "No!" he said. "Look!" and he pulled back the covers and there she was sleeping, totally naked. I guess her nudist colony is open night hours now, too.

5 comments:

MegJill said...

I could not stop laughing at Alaina's pictures! I love that your kids always use the long lasting make up or the permanent markers!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little bookshelves!!! They are like what I always want. I wonder how hard they would be to make? Oh, and they make me want to read! Maybe I should put church history and and Bible on there. Maybe then I'd get to the picking them up stage.
Oha, and Alaina's church comments! Ha!!!
We really do have fun, cute kids. And I love recording all these things they say to us. Later we can all laugh with them about it. And Alex can see how silly he looks when he takes pictures of himself!

Maria Hart said...

So, I'm sitting in the library, completely stalling on some reading I need to wrap up so I can go home and your update was just the distraction I needed! However, did I miss something?! Are you expecting a #4 as well, or is Tristan just enamored with his baby cousins? Oh, and I loved Alaina's outburst in church. Keller once shouted "I Have a Va-gin-a"! Kids keep you humble!

Noodle said...

Ummm... You might need to move your makeup bag, but your kid is totally loverly with her 'eyebrows' made up! She did well on the mascara and lipstick, too. :)
I laughed out loud when I read what Tristan says to strangers about being their when the baby comes out. "Y'all come!" He's so generous with the invites, isn't he?
Those book shelves hold a bunch of books! And they do look enticing with the covers showing. (For Megan's benefit I'll add that you can get them fairly inexpensively at Pottery Barn, but they'd be easy to make. They just might not be so deliciously smooth and round-edged. That's what I like about them. I got them off of Craig's List.) I like where you put them, Melinda. Makes their room even cozier!

Club Jolley said...

Oh I LOVE all of the funny things your kids said! Hahaha! Lainey's comment in church, and Tristan's over-friendliness to strangers, and Alex's Gryffindorks, ah, it's all so funny! I am excited to see what funny things Hunter says, as long as it's not something embarrassing. :) Your bookshelves look even cuter in real life. I love them, and I'm going to keep checking craigslist so I can find me some too! Thanks for posting all of your funny stories. Keep writing more!

Tara said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! When are you due??? And I LOVE Lainey's make up fiasco. Every girl has to go through that. I remember my mom would always scare me when she would use the eyelash curler because she would always come up to me and go "ARRRGGH!" with it on her eye lashes, and she sounded like a pirate. I told myself I would never use one of those because they were so scary. But now I use one ever day. Ha!